Our Equality Principles
Our Equality and Diversity ‘Framework' reflects our core values and our role as:
- a provider of housing;
- an investor in the community and
- an employer.
Our equality principles are: As a provider of housing:
- Our services will meet the needs of customers;
- We will ensure equal access to our services;
- We will provide equal service delivery.
As an Investor in the Community:
- We will work to promote and contribute to balanced and sustainable communities in our areas of operation;
- We will work with partners to help us deliver our commitment to community cohesion;
- We will communicate our commitment to equality and diversity with all those we work with, or who work on our behalf with a view to influencing positive practice;
- Those who work on our behalf will be encouraged to continually improve their practices.
As an Employer:
- We will take steps to ensure that no individual, whether staff member or user of the service, is disadvantaged by any condition or requirement which cannot be shown to be justifiable;
- We will promote equality of opportunity not only in the way our staff are managed but also in the way in which services are delivered by our staff;
- We will operate a zero tolerance approach to dealing with complaints of harassment and discrimination;
- We will aim to ensure our staff profile reflects the communities we serve, both at operational and managerial level;
- We will ensure all our staff are aware of their personal and professional duty towards equality and diversity.