Equality Impact Assessments (EIA)
What is an EIA ‘screening' and why do we do them?
An Equality Impact Assessment or ‘EIA' is a is a way to make sure that individuals and teams at Chevin think carefully about the likely impact of a policy, strategy or project on different groups of people.
- We want to be able to make sure that none of our policies or initiatives unwittingly discriminate against any particular group of people;
- We want to make sure that there is no discrimination on the grounds of ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion or disability when delivering our landlord services;
- We want to identify any unmet needs for particular groups of people;
- We want to provide a basis to improve services where appropriate.
We undertake Equality Impact Assessment ‘screenings' on:
- Any new policies / strategies or procedures
- Proposals to fund or develop new housing and improvement programmes and planning decisions
- Major investment decisions
- Major recruitment / staffing initiatives
- staffing restructures
- Local or group-wide initiatives and projects
- When we review any existing policies / strategies.
Some of our Equality Impact Assessment screenings can be found below:
Customer Service Centre Assessment Summary
Child and Young Person Protection Policy and Procedure
Domestic Violence Policy and Procedure
Floating Support Policy and Procedure
Health and Safety Policy
Project One Call
Download Adobe Reader to view PDF's